3G 4G WiFi Maps & Speed Test (OpenSignal) v4.10 build 117670 | 3,7 MB
Requirements: Android - Varies with device
With OpenSignal you can map cellular coverage, find Wi-Fi hotspots, test and improve your reception & get faster data.
- Signal compass points you in the direction your signal is coming from, just walk towards it!
- WiFi map allows you to easily locate nearby public networks.
- Coverage maps allow you see the best/worst places for signal.
- Speedtest feature allows you to see the true speed of your connection (download, upload & latency)
- NetworkRank shows which carrier is best in your area.
- See local cell towers.
- Free and ad-free
You can also:
- Help improve our crowdsourced and impartial maps by contributing data.
- Share your findings and compare your connection with other users.
- View your history of signal readings.
- test upload, download and latency
- Save your data to SD card.
- Signal booster for compatible phones
SMS Permission required to count the number of SMS sent to track your usage, SMS are never read (use a packet sniffer to check!)
Phone settings permission allows network reset on certain Android versions
Based on our community-generated data we are able to help keep you better connected by giving you a practical solution to the problems of slow mobile internet and dropped calls. Simply follow our signal compass to walk towards better phone signal or see our in-app coverage maps to work out which carrier is best for where you are, useful if you're thinking about changing. Our wifi maps help you find local public-access wireless networks (WAPs).
The Stats tab helps you to keep track of your usage, so there's no danger of you going over your plan limit on data, voice or text. (NB - this is why the app needs permission to access contacts and SMS, these are the permissions needed to count calls and texts, messages are never accessed or read!).
Maps not updated in real-time. Don't worry though, we log the information you share with us to improve our coverage maps and signal information. We're working hard to make sure the data you contribute to the project is available to everyone as quickly as possible.
- Not all towers and wireless routers are in our database - we're working on it!
- Verizon & Sprint (CDMA) users will see only one connected tower at a time
- Moving in the direction of your cell tower (the signal compass) will not always improve reception due to interference effects/local geography.
- For GSM, cell tower are identified via cell id and location area code (CID and LAC)
- For CDMA cell towers are identified via Network ID, Base sub-station ID and system ID (NID, BSSID and SID).
- Improved speedtest.
- Our speedtest measures the speeds you get using real services like Netflix, Youtube, Google and Facebook. We've tuned our tests so the values you see are more reliable and representative than ever.
With Premium Account For Maximum Speed! Buy it Now To Save Time